Frequently Asked Questions

If I am based outside Australia can I still use your services?

You certainly can! Many of our Clients only communicate with us over the phone and by email. Visas are lodged electronically which allows for documents to be scanned and sent to us via email.

What will it cost to get a visa?

Obtaining a permanent and some temporary/provisional Australian visas is an expensive process. Our professional fees along with the Department of Immigration Application Charge vary depending upon the visa subclass you wish to apply for.

If you are interested in applying for a visa, please complete our online assessment and upload your resume and a summary of your current situation and we can send you a no obligation 'Statement of Services' which will detail the cost involved in applying for the visa that best suits your skills and circumstances.

Why do I need to pay for a consultation?

Our Migration Agents are skilled practitioners in the field of Australian migration law. Like with any profession you pay for quality, well researched advice. Some agents will offer free advice; however, it is our experience that if a potential visa applicant wants quality advice they are prepared to pay a small fee. Our consultation fee is reimbursed to the client if they chose to use our service to assist them in applying for an Australian visa.

How long will it take to get my visa?

This will depend on the subclass of visa that you apply for. Processing times are constantly changing. By choosing to use Australian Immigration Associates we will keep you informed at every step of the visa application process.

Why does it sometimes take a long time to get a decision on a visa?

The Department of Immigration must verify the validity of all documents used to support an application; this can take a lot of time and resources. The Department also has quotas on the number of visa applications in certain classes that can be granted each year. Once this quota is met, no further applications in that particular class will be processed in that year.

Can you get me a job in Australia?

Unfortunately, we are unable to find you a job in Australia. Please see our Useful Links - Living in Australia page for information regarding working in Australia

Can you find me a student place in Australia?

We can assist in finding you a place at a university or college. Sometimes an additional fee may apply.

If my visa application fails, can I get my money back?

If your visa application is refused by the Department of Immigration you will not be offered a refund of their visa application charge or Australian Immigration Associates professional fees. We will not lodge an application on behalf of a client that does not meet the eligibility requirements.